Stating my purpose

Ten years ago I was teaching science at an arts middle school called DaVinci.
The school is located in Portland Oregon where there is no shortage of rain. The students and I began to wonder what we could do with all the rain water that came off of our school.
We noticed that there was a piece of dead ground that had once been a tennis court and it was located near several portable classrooms.
From there we began a journey of designing and building a water garden that today is know as the Davinci Water Garden.

I am now retired after 36 years of teaching but I still love the excitement of discovery. When I was teaching everyday I seldom had time to observe and reflect on this wonderful space called the water garden.
So the purpose of this blog is to share with people the wonderful changes that natures provides in a small space in an urban setting.
I will be posting pictures and observations of how the garden changes through out the seasons.
I hope that others might see this and want to create a space of their own.

Comments

  1. You are the man. You have sprung into action once more with enthusiasm and energy to contribute to our enjoyment with your enjoyment. I appreciate your generosity and look forward to the chronicles of the Davinci Water Garden. Love, Deane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

March floods

bees and lupin