wild flowers return

Its been a while since I posted about the water garden. Today is May 1st and discovered some wonderful flowers hiding in the garden. Its amazing they are still here since the Portland school district has hired a crew to clean up or I should say clean out these gardens. Over the past 2 years these crews of men would arrive and cut down all low lying plants. thus devastating the plants and fauna. But the delicate wild flowers are still there and here some pictures. You will see some wild camus in bloom, columbine, and shooting star enjoy. Oh and the tree frogs have grown quite a bit.

Comments

  1. Hello! I am not sure if you are the person to contact but we have noticed a devastating blight of caterpillars on some of the big trees in the water garden. I have a picture of them on a skeletonized leaf that we found on the ground outside of the park, but I can't figure out how to post it here.
    Feel free to contact me for the picture if you would like it. I am sad to see how damaged the poor trees look.
    Thank you for the blog about the water garden. I love it.
    Freya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

March floods

bees and lupin